Sat, Jan 16|
Irish 101 Imbolg
Irish 101 begins on Saturday, Jan 16th, 2021 and runs for 12 lessons until April 3rd.
Time & Location
Jan 16, 2021, 11:00 AM PST – Apr 03, 2021, 1:00 PM PDT
About the Event
DETAILS OF THE FIRST COURSE in 2021
Irish 101 begins on Saturday Jan 16th 2021 and runs for 12 lessons until the end of April 3rd
So you want to get fluent? Here are some guidelines for study
- It is better to study a little every day than a lot on one day.Try doing Quizlet exercises for 15 minutes per day. M & Tu: Progress in Irish, Wed. & Thurs: Buntús Cainte, Friday: Do a Future Learn class, Saturday: CnaG class. Sunday: Duolingo
- Put Raidió na Gaeltachta on in the background during the day. Watch TG4 at night.
- Engage. Join conversation circles, Pop-Up Gaeltachtaí agus explore learning links on Nasclann.
11- Noon: Progress in Irish 1-15 Noon-1pm: Buntús Cainte 1-15
- Present Progressive 1 1. The Weather 1
- Adjectives 1 2. The Weather 2
- Past Participle 3. Adjectives 1
- Conjugating Bí in the present 4. Opposites
- Have: agam, agat … 5. Here & There
- Adjectives 2 6. People & Places
- Imperatives 1 7. At Home
- Conjugating Bi in the past 8. In: I, Sa, & San
- Days of the Week 9. At: At a Place
- The Present Habitual 1 10. Possession
- Time 11. Who?
- The Present Habitual 2 12. On: ar, ar an
- The Past Tense 1 13. Where?
- Feeling and ar 14. Present Progressive 2
- The Copula with le 15. Setting the table
Methodology for Buntús Cainte The lessons are each intended to be a day's work though we only have one hour per lesson. Because of this, during the week you should
- Listen to the first part of the recording, dealing with new material, two or three times.
- On the second and subsequent times, repeat the Irish words aloud while reading the English equivalents.
- You should then be able to understand the six basic sentences when heard for the first time.
- After listening to and repeating aloud the basic sentences you should be able to reproduce them using only the stimulus provided by the illustrations.
- The review sentences are then treated in a similar manner.
- The same approach is then taken with the second section of new material, and after that the situational conversation.
- Once you can reproduce the Irish version of the conversation while glancing only at the English version for assistance you have mastered the lesson.
Each lesson's work begins with an attempt to reproduce the previous week's situational conversation in the same way. If needed, the recording can be played once or twice to aid recollection.
Each lesson will use the SAME ZOOM LINK! Check your Emails!!!!